Candle Care and Safety
- Allow the top layer of wax to fully melt before extinguishing the flame. Doing so will allow the candle to melt evenly - if you skip this step, there will be leftover wax on the sides of the container. For maximum fragrance release, repeat every time you light your candle.
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before each lighting. This will ensure an appropriate size flame, maximize fragrance release, and cause little to no sooting. A big flame will burn up the fragrance instead of releasing it.
- Place the candle away from any disturbing airflow (such as fans, vents, open windows, and drafts). This will help the candle melt evenly and will also minimize sooting.
- Keep the wick centered.
- Follow proper candle care (see FAQ above).
- Burn candles on a heat-resistant surface and away from flammable objects.
- Keep candles free of matches and wick trimmings.
- Burn candles within sight and never leave burning candles unattended.
- Keep candles and matches out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not burn candles for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Burn candles at least 3" apart.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame.
- Extinguish the flame if it gets too large or flickers continuously. Trim the wick to 1/4" and re-light.
- Never move a burning candle. The candle is safe to move when it has cooled completely and the wax is solid.
- Discontinue use when 1/4" of wax remains.
- The best way to trim the wick is with wick trimmers - they have a long handle that makes it ideal for our deeper candles. Scissors and nail clippers will do the trick, too. Whatever you use, make sure you trim the wick to 1/4" and the cut is even.
- It is best to store your candle in a cool area, out of direct sunlight.
- Yes! Our candles do not contain beeswax or animal-derived stearic acid, and we do not test on animals.
- This is a natural characteristic of all-natural soy wax. Rest assured, frosting does not impact the quality of the candle, how it burns, or the fragrance. Consider any white spots beauty marks!
- Our candles are abundantly fragrant; however, the diameter of the candle will depend on what size room to put the candle in. Our tins are great for smaller rooms and our white glass containers are great for medium-sized rooms. If your home has an open layout, try to place the candle in rooms that are more closed off. Everyone's sense of smell is different, but the basic rule of thumb is: If the scent is too light, try a smaller room. If the scent is too strong, try a bigger room.
- Exercise caution if you choose to clean and reuse your candle container. Below is one method to clean the container after your last lighting, when the container and wax have cooled slightly but are still warm:
- Use paper towels to remove as much leftover wax as you can, and to loosen and remove the wick holder.
- Dispose of the paper towels, wax, and wick holder in a trash can.
- Hand wash the container with dish soap and warm water to remove any remaining wax residue. Do not use anything abrasive to clean or dry the container.
Orders and Shipping
- Yes! Please contact us here. Let us know what you would like to order and at what quantity. If you are on a tight schedule, please let us know when you need to receive your order by. We will get back with you as soon as possible.
- Please contact us as soon as possible if you would like to update your order. If the order hasn't been processed for shipping yet, we will do everything we can to accommodate your request.
- Yes! When you place your order, make sure to let us know the order is a gift in the "Special Requests" section and if there is a note you would like us to include in the box. Provide the gift recipient's name and address in the "Shipping Information" section. We will not include any cost information in the box we ship. We will send you tracking information for the order when your gift ships.
- Orders take 1-3 business days to process and ship. You will receive an email with a tracking number after your order ships. Unfortunately, delivery delays and delivery issues are outside of our control.
- Please send us an email if you are located outside of the United States and are interested in purchasing our products. We are happy to provide a shipping quote.
- We are happy to accept returns or exchanges of any unused items. The items must be in its original condition and packaging, and the customer is responsible for shipping and handling fees. Please email us within 14 days of receipt to initiate the return or exchange. Note that refunds cover the cost of the item returned and do not include shipping fees.